Now Foods Plant Enzymes is the vegetarian version of the excellent Now Foods Super Enzymes. Now Foods Plant Enzymes is great for digestive support and gut health. It includes powerful plant enzymes that help alleviate inflammation, pain, swelling, boost immunity and much more.
All enzymes in Now Foods Plant Enzymes are from vegetarian sources making it an excellent option for vegetarians and other who want to avoid enzymes like pancreatin that are derived from animals. However, plant enzymes will also work well for most meat eaters. It contains such powerful enzymes as papain and bromelain that break down proteins in meat.
Now Foods Plant Enzymes features
Now Foods Plant Enzymes is an uncomplicated digestive supplement. It covers the basic digestive needs of most people. In addition, vegetable enzymes also support and promote many other body processes. Also important is there are many satisfied customers who report good results from using it, both short-term and long-term.
Main features of Plant Enzymes.
- The enzymes support the breaking down of proteins, sugar, carbohydrates, fat and starch.
- Vegetable enzymes have many additional health benefits besides promoting digestion.
- It contains eight well-researched, potent and safe plant enzymes (see list below).
- GMP Quality Assured.
- Best suited for adults.
- Recyclable bottle.
- Made in the USA.
Not manufactured with wheat, soy, milk, eggs, fish or shellfish ingredients. However, this means that the supplement might still contain traces of such allergens. For most people the levels are much too low to affect them at all.
What about cost?
A bottle of 240 capsules costs less than $20 (March 2016), making Plant Enzymes a low-cost alternative.
Now Foods Plant Enzymes is a simple but good supplement. It is a good supplement to start with if you’re new to digestive enzymes. The enzymes cover the basic needs for most adults who need digestive support or to alleviate mild symptoms of various digestion issues such as IBS, gastritis, indigestion, bloating and constipation. In cases of acid reflux many people have found that adding betaine can bring quick relief. This is because the main reason for heartburn is too little stomach acid.
How to take Now Foods Plant Enzymes
The recommended dose is 1 capsule 1 to 2 times daily with meals. However, some people might need two capsules with a large meal. The effect of digestive enzymes is immediate and can quickly alleviate digestive discomfort.
There are eight powerful enzymes included in Now Foods Plant Enzymes. These are the major enzymes needed to break down what most people consume on a daily basis.
- Lipase to help break down fat.
- Cellulase for breaking down fiber.
- Protease helps break down proteins.
- Amylase is used to break down starch.
- Lactase for breaking down lactose (milk sugar).
- Acid-stable protease helps digest protein; remains active even in the presence of stomach acids.
- Papain (from papaya) and bromelain (from pineapple), two powerful enzymes that primarily help digest proteins.