Ginger shot recipes are extremely tasty, nutritious and simple. If you have not yet tried them, you should definitely give it a shot.
Fresh ginger is a favourite ingredient in many vegetable juice recipes. Fresh ginger has an aromatic, spicy, tangy, fresh and hot taste. Ginger can be combined with almost any other vegetable and fruit. Ginger is classified as an aromatic bitter herb and belongs to the same family as turmeric and cardamom. And like its cousins, ginger is very nutrient dense.
The saying “a ginger shot a day keeps illness away” carries much weight. The main benefits of ginger juice are because of several volatile, essential oils and many other aromatic compounds contained in the root. Even a small daily ginger shot can bring remarkable health benefits.
Ginger shots are extremely beneficial for the digestive tract and a great support for the gut colony of friendly bacteria. If you crave an excellent warm drink with similar health benefits, try the Turmeric Ginger Latte.
A few potential health benefits of fresh ginger:
- Proven superior to lansoprazole used in prescription drugs for preventing ulcers
- Alleviates symptoms of arthritis far more effective than prescription drugs
- Relieving soreness from exercise (3 grams daily, or less than a teaspoon)
- Can significantly lower inflammation markers in the body
- Protecting against toxic effects of environmental chemicals
- Antiviral, antiseptic, antihistamine and anti-inflammatory
- Treats asthma symptoms (promotes increased airflow)
- Enhancing fat digestion and absorption
- Protecting against respiratory viruses
- Beneficial for the digestive tract
- Inhibiting the growth of cancer
- Suppressing H. pylori
- Improving cognitive function
- Preventing atherosclerosis
- Reducing bad cholesterol
- Excellent heart medicine
- Controlling appetite
- A natural antibiotic
- Many more…
To this list you should also add the many benefits of fresh, organic lemon juice included in the recipes.
Ginger shot recipes
Use organic ingredients if you can. Organic ingredients taste better and contain fewer pesticides. Organic ginger often has a fuller and more intense taste so you don’t need as much. Because many nutrients are contained in the peel, don’t peel organic ginger root, just rinse it well. Organic lemons also taste great in shots. Try juicing the lemon with the peel for a zestier shot.
If you’ve not tried a ginger shot before, you might want to add less ginger and try the Ginger Apple Shot first.
1. Ginger Lemon Shot
- 1 lemon (or 2 lime fruits)
- A chunk of ginger (1 inch or so)
- A little cayenne pepper (optional)
- A few drops of liquid Stevia (optional)
This shot really wakes you up! Very low on carbs and sugar. Great shot before breakfast as it awakens the stomach fluids. But it can be taken anytime during the day. The ginger lemon shot cleanses, detoxifies and boosts the body’s metabolism. Some people report that this shot alleviates some digestive problems. Leave the lemon rind on for a more zesty and bitter shot. Juice the ginger first then the lemon as the lemon washes out the ginger left in the juicer. Pour the shot up and sprinkle cayenne on top for more bite.
2. Ginger Cherry Shot
- 1 small piece of fresh ginger
- 1 cup, or about 10-12 cherries
Juice the pitted cherries, then the ginger. The cherry ginger combination has a superb taste and a beautiful color.
3. Ginger Apple Shot
Our favourite recipe! This ginger shot basically just adds an apple to the Ginger Lemon recipe above. This makes one big shot or two smaller ones.
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith or similar)
- 1 large organic lemon with peel (or two small)
- A chunk of ginger, as much as you can take
If you use organic lemons and ginger, then juice the peel also. If non organic, you might want to peel both. Juice the ginger first, then the rest. This is a great shot!
Create your own ginger shot recipes
The ginger shots recipes mentioned above are among our favorites. However, try mixing ginger with other vegetables and fruit to create your own blend. Ginger goes well with most veggies so don’t be afraid to experiment. However, adding lemon or lime greatly enhances flavor in most shots.
Try creating ginger shots with…
- Beetroot (for liver detox; improved sports performance)
- Turmeric root (very potent)
- Butternut squash (sweet, creamy)
- Grapefruit instead of lemon (if you enjoy bitters)
- Kale (a vitamin injection)
There are not many drinks or vegetable juices that can compete with the intense taste and numerous health benefits of these amazing ginger shot recipes. And you never seem to grow tired of them.
Reference: Ginger root benefits